Handling stress and negativity
Stress and negativity cause significant imbalances in our health. The book Vitality!— How to Create a Life That Is Healthy offers general tips for handling them.
If you feel stress and you want to let this feeling go, your mind must move to other things. To de-stress, do one or more of these activities:
- Drink a glass of water.
- Prepare a comforting food that is also nutritious.
- Think of a way to make another person happy, and then either do it immediately or make a concrete plan to do it.
- Call a person who lifts your spirits.
- Go outside, look at the sky, and think about expansiveness.
Protecting yourself from negativity
Negativity creates imbalance. It can come from external and internal sources. External negativity comes from other people who think ill thoughts about you. Internal negativity has many causes, such as internalization of negative messages from past caregivers or personal feelings of inability to handle tasks. You can spiritually protect yourself from internal negative thinking and external harmful thoughts.
Protecting yourself from internal negativity
Do one or more of these activities whenever you feel critical or unhappy with yourself:
- Notice the physical state of your body and force yourself to notice all the systems that work properly (blood is flowing, lungs are working, etc.).
- Breathe normally and then hold your breath for a moment. Make a laughing sound and then return to breathing normally.
- Knock yourself on your head (not hard) and say aloud “People certainly are interesting.”
Protecting yourself from external negativity
- Either stand or sit in an erect manner.
- Locate your solar plexus and breathe to and from it for ten breaths.
- Think about a gaseous substance exiting your body from the solar plexus that protects your body. Think about this gas first covering the front of your body, then the sides, and then the back. Take your time, making sure your entire body is protected.
- Breathe to and from your solar plexus for five breaths.
This protection technique can be done any time you will be encountering people that you think might be thinking negative thoughts about you. There is no need to do this technique more than once a day.
Note: This information has been spiritually received and is taken from the book Vitality!— How to Create a Life That Is Healthy, available on amazon.com