The importance of eating well, exercising, and sleeping enough are well known. Here are reminders about steps towards good health.
- Sitting at a table while eating improves digestion. Eating while cooking, while moving, and when driving do not.
- Each person determines the amount of water that is right for him or her. Time of day and season influence. So do age and stress.
- Everyone should drink water when they arise.
- Young people need more water than old people.
- Seasonal considerations for drinking water: shorter daylight (in winter months) requires less water than longer daylight (in summer months).
- Warm water is better than cold water when the body is tired. It is also better when the immune system is stressed physically or emotionally.
- General guidelines for water consumption can be considered when determining amounts of water to drink, but the variables listed here should also be considered.
- By breathing deeply, the body handles emotional changes better. Whenever emotional turmoil occurs, deep breathing and water can help regulate the turmoil.
- The requirements for movement depend on food consumption, personality, attention capabilities, and seasons.
- Eating the amount of food the body needs fuels the appropriate amount of exercise based on the three other variables.
- More movement is required by people who are high energy personalities.
- The environments in which focus is required add or subtract from movement needs: focus during physical work uses extended expenditures of movement; focus during sedentary work pressures muscles and elimination processes to accelerate reminders to use them.
- Variations in temperature influence the body’s push towards movement.
- Activity in the body during sleep is different from activity during awake time. Both types of activity are equally important, just different. Sleep should be scheduled and should be evaluated for appropriateness to age, habitat, and season.
One step at a time–a step towards proper nutrition, a step towards proper sleep, and towards proper breathing–step by step leading to good health and satisfaction!