Sometimes we overextend our hearts by taking on the problems of too many people or by concerning ourselves with people whose lives aren’t connect to our own (like the lives of celebrities) or by harming our hearts with negative emotions such as despair, worry, and alienation.
The overextended heart might seem too full, but it is actually too empty! It is unable to feel personal feelings of love and sympathy, because it is focused elsewhere. The love and sympathy for family members and close friends misdirects and leaves “holes”.
These unfilled holes contribute to lack of patience, unfocused attention, and unfulfilled promises and expectation with the people who are really important. The holes produce a sense of emptiness, which some people “fill” through attachment to addictive substances or behaviors. The holes remain empty though, begging for filling through acts of love and caring towards family members and close friends.
If our hearts are overextended, how do we find the way to fill the holes and fulfill our hearts? Each overextended heart has been overextended in its own individual way, so general guidelines can only be partially applicable. An Energy Guidance Complete session can help you if you feel the overextension is too hard to tackle alone.
Here are general guidelines to fill an overextended heart:
- If you follow the private life of one or more celebrities, vow to lessen their importance in your life and take tangible steps to remove their comings and goings from your daily life. Remind yourself that these relationships are not reciprocal: the celebrities are not interested in you.
- If you feel despair, worry, and/or alienation too often, there are many things you can do, such as bringing a pet into your life, bringing more plants into your environment, spending time in nature, pushing yourself to meet with friends, talking to family members, exploring a spiritual connection.
- If the holes in your heart have led you to cover them with immersion in addictive substances and/or behaviors, you most likely need assistance recognizing the emptiness side of your addiction. The overextension caused by addiction might be too hard to escape alone.
- If the holes in your heart are ignored through workaholicism, volunteerism run amok, or desire to remain aloof from the needs of family members and friends, the future might bring you events in which you will need the help of others, but the others won’t be there for you. Invest now in friendships and close relationships to prevent heartache later. (Read the post “Investing for a rainy day, the good and bad news”.)
- If the holes in your heart are fluff-filled by self-absorption, your connections will become diluted over time. The first step is to recognize that you are too focused on yourself and the next step is to practice empathy for a loved one who is very different from you. When you feel that you have built up your relationship to this person, choose another loved one and work at feeling happiness for this person’s life events. The more loved ones you connect to, the more holes will be filled, and the joy in your heart will be able to overflow.
An overextended heart is reversible when it is acknowledged and addressed. Each cause of heart overextension requires different work, and some causes are harder to overcome than others, but they all can be overcome.
Living with a heart filled with love for one’s close friends and family brings balance to the world!
Note: This post was delivered to me through my heart’s connection to Spirit. Spirit offers us love and kindness whenever we are ready to receive them.