Boredom is a result of feelings of entitlement and sadness. A person who feels that he or she deserves to be entertained or to be treated “royally” does not make effort to create amusements or goals for himself or herself. A person, who for whatever reasons feels sadness and is unable to direct his or her reality (entertainment options or pastimes), may call the situation boredom for a lack of understanding of the true cause.
Whether the cause is entitlement or sadness, the resulting boredom adds to the person’s lack of bodily balance (physically, emotionally, intellectually, and spiritually).
Boredome leads to:
- Reliant reality (reliance on others for things within one’s own realm)
- Avoidance of handling the true issues
- Improper behavior
- Missed opportunities
- Blame of others
- Poor performance
What to do when you feel bored
- Examine your current reality for entitlement or sadness issues and address them.
- You probably need more movement in your life. Walk, dance, swim, bike, juggle—whatever activity lifts your spirits.
- You probably need more purpose in your life. Investigate volunteer opportunities in your area and volunteer.
Leave a Reply