Modern living is very distracting. Here are tips for developing attention capabilities and maintaining focus from the book Vitality!— How to Create a Life That Is Healthy.
- Drink a glass of water upon rising each morning.
- Eat a proper breakfast before school or work (most breakfast cereals, chocolate milk, and quick snack foods do not count as proper breakfast foods).
- Plan movement into every day: walking, dancing, biking, swimming, running, jumping, skipping, etc.
- Take frequent breaks from watching TV, from working and playing on a computer or mobile device, and from prolonged viewing of yourself in mirrors.
- Take part in activities that better other people, the environment, and animals.
- Take part in housecleaning, home plant care, outdoor home care, etc.
- Emulate people you admire. If any of these people are deceased, read about them and learn how they lived their days. If any of these people are known to you, talk to them about how they stay focused. If any of these people are alive but you don’t actually know them, consider why you admire them, think about their positive aspects, and then aim to personalize these positive aspects.
- If there are people who are dependent on you, consider your importance to them and aim to be a person they can admire.
- Observe nature every day, even if there is only a single plant near your home. The more you observe nature, the more your attention and focus skills will develop.
- Challenge yourself through reading, puzzles, riddles, learning to play a musical instrument, or learning to enjoy something that originally appeared to be boring.
Note: This information has been spiritually received and is taken from the book Vitality!— How to Create a Life That Is Healthy, available on amazon.com