Recycling–Disposable enticement, once again
I’ve just returned from an event where plastic was plentiful. In honor of that event, let’s take another look at an earlier post.
So enticing to trade needs-washing with just-throw-it-away. Disposables, especially those made from plastic, are wasteful and should be used in limited quantities. People have an obligation to maintain the environment. Here’s what to do:
- If you are planning an event, aim to use real rather than disposable.
- Never use Styrofoam cups, bowls, and plates.
- If you attend a regular function where disposables are used, bring your own cup, utensils, etc. so that you are contributing less to the waste.
- If you buy ready-made foods and drinks, pay attention to the wrapping and avoid foods and drinks that were packaged too much.
- Favor environmentally friendly products over plastic products.
- (If you have other ideas, please add in the comments.)