I’ve just returned from an event where plastic was plentiful. In honor of that event, let’s take another look at an earlier post.
So enticing to trade needs-washing with just-throw-it-away. Disposables, especially those made from plastic, are wasteful and should be used in limited quantities. People have an obligation to maintain the environment. Here’s what to do:
- If you are planning an event, aim to use real rather than disposable.
- Never use Styrofoam cups, bowls, and plates.
- If you attend a regular function where disposables are used, bring your own cup, utensils, etc. so that you are contributing less to the waste.
- If you buy ready-made foods and drinks, pay attention to the wrapping and avoid foods and drinks that were packaged too much.
- Favor environmentally friendly products over plastic products.
- (If you have other ideas, please add in the comments.)