During this difficult time of the pandemic, it is often hard to muster energy to be productive and optimistic. Many of us have lost focus or are too busy being cautious to live life fully. Even before the pandemic, there were so many distractions that kept us from living fully and with vitality.
What does it mean to live with vitality? V-i-t-a-l-i-t-y! is living life in a rich sense of being. Living life with gusto and with verve. Living life with emotion—feeling the fullness of each moment as it passes into the past.
How can we live with vitality while dealing with the suffering and uncertainty of the pandemic? Here are ideas to add vitality to your daily life:
- As much as possible, add the elements that raise your spirits. For me, it’s listening to music that makes me want to dance. Without the music, I move more slowly and procrastinate. With the music, my energy flows and pushes me to accomplish tasks and goals.
- Eat foods that give your body energy and nourishment. Stay away from tempting foods that actually drain your energy and force your body to work harder. (Limit sugary, deep-fried, and over-processed foods.)
- Connect to the outdoors as much as possible. If your living situation prevents you from walking far from home, take time to stand outside your door and look at the sky. The outdoors will give you energy and vitality.
- Clean and organize your living space. The act of caring for your surroundings will give you energy if you approach the work as a special project.
- During difficult times, be sure to breathe deeply and fill your body with oxygen. The oxygen will help your brain function and your immune system gather its forces.
Note: This information has been spiritually received.