This post is a continuation of the information I have been receiving from Spiritual Presence about aging well. Physical exertion is necessary for aging well. The breathing that accompanies physical exertion strengthens the body and prepares it to handle unexpected traumas and illness. There are many types of physical exertion that induce strengthened capabilities. Each person is drawn to different types of physical activity. Most physical activity builds and maintains the physical component of health. Some types of physical activity also affect other components of health—emotional and intellectual. Less often, physical activity affects all the components of health, which includes the spiritual component. Achieving physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual strengthening and balancing through a single type of physical activity is possible through the following exercise that I am going to teach you (as given to me by Spiritual Presence). It is called the huff’n’puff. It’s sort of a marching exercise.
How to do the huff’n’puff
This exercise must be done outside. While doing the exercise, you should look at a flower or flowering plant that is low so that your chin will be held slightly downward. If the plant is too high and your head is held straight forward or higher, then your breathing will not be correct and balance will not be achieved. If there are no flowers, then look at an interesting low plant.
- Before you start, become aware of the physical and spiritual balance points on your body. One point is located in the middle of the ascending colon and one point is located in the middle of the descending colon. My simple diagram will give you an idea of where they are located:
- Stand opposite the flower with your feet comfortably apart, with your chin slightly down and look at the flower.
- Your feet will be doing a sort of march in place: one leg marches and the other leg kicks forward. You will alternate the marching/kicking whenever you feel like switching leg activity.
- As you march, your arms will swing energetically as if you are walking at an energetic pace. Every so often you will raise your arms over your head and wave them from side to side. Alternate the two arm motions as you like.
- The entire time you do this exercise, you focus on the flower, noticing its characteristics. To add the spiritual dimension to the exercise, while you are looking at the flower, marvel at its wondrousness.
- Do this exercise for as long as you feel comfortable. Each person is at a different physical activity level.
I will aim to make a video explaining how to do the huff’n’puff. If my instructions are clear to you, go ahead and try it. I’ve done it and it’s not hard.
Update: Here is the video: https://energy-guidance-complete.com/2014/05/25/the-huff-n-puff-balancing-cardio-exercise/
Strengthening all four components of health at once is a way to age wisely!